Egyptologists and Travelers
Please help us make this gallery even better by providing missing or different portraits!
Contact François Olivier on firstname.lastname@example.org
This gallery displays photographs of Egyptologists and Travelers, given by institutions or individuals, or taken from their Festschriften or from their travel books. When taken from books, the book's ID number refers to the copy (sold or available) of Meretseger Books. For example Carter's portrait has ref. #M3566c which refers to Carter's edition of The tomb of Tut-Ankh-Amen.
Special thanks to all contributors and in particular to:
- William Joy, of the Peggy Joy Egyptology Library, for his constant support,
- The kind staff of the Griffith Institute, University of Oxford, for digging through their archive,
- Maria Hermes-Wladarsch of the State- und University Library of Bremen, for providing those great photos from the estate of Adolf Erman,
- Dr. Thomas L. Gertzen, for believing in this project, providing wonderful photographs and helping spread the word.
- Photographs provided by the State- und University Library of Bremen are under copyright. You may copy, distribute, display the photograph and make works based on it only for non-commercial purposes, under the condition that 'Copyright State- und University Library of Bremen, estate Adolf Erman’ is properly indicated. For any other use, please contact Mrs Maria Hermes-Wladarsch (email@example.com)
- Regarding all other photos: they are intended for private use or for teaching. For use in publications or any other media, distribution or any other kind of reproduction, please contact the owner of the photo (indicated in the legend).